Monday, November 17, 2008

a landscape with dreams


i know this chair isn't cardboard, but i was looking into cardboard chairs researching kind of for this project, and i stumbled on this blog all about chairs. they had all kinds of chairs, for airplanes, for lounging, and even one that could be twisted into a lounge chair, a study chair, or an everyday chair. but i thought the one below was the best, it said it was a lounge landscape. and it definatly is in my opinion. it creates this air around the lady making her seem as though she is larger than any human being. i love the way it cuts into the space so deliberatly and yet you just flow through it. it plays on depth and comfort which is so odd but extremly appealing. it's exciting what you could do with ideas.

3 comments:

Peter said...

Thats possibly the most unpractical chair ever. but it looks cool

brndnewloser said...

practicality isn't important when beauty is had. aesthetics make the world go round.lol

Rima said...

I was also going to comment on its incapability to follow stands room arrangements but its function looks amazing comfortable. If I had enough money to furnish a studio for myself, I can picture a unique chair like this to have in my space. It would be somewhere I'd retire to if I was feeling creatively stuck or needing to daydream a little.