Friday, September 5, 2008

Quadrilaterals in Science Fiction

During class on Wednesday, I couldn't help but notice something familiar about some of the quadrilaterals being displayed on the board.  It was then that I realized just exactly where I had seen some of these shapes before...Star Wars space crafts!  I went back to my apartment on my day off and decided to do a little research, just to make sure I wasn't crazy.  This is what I found.





Parallelogram? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Or Jawa Sand Crawler? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Kite? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

Or a Star Destroyer? Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost

You be the judge.

1 comment:

Angela V-C said...

Nice finds!Here's one more (but from star trek not star wars): non-convex quadrilateral or star trek communicator (from the next generation era): link. OK, it's not quite a quadrilateral, but close enough!

Oh, and I think your Jawa Sand Craler is a trapezoid, not a parallelogram :)